Dr. Jim Falvo
I'm passionate about promoting effective communication and helping students grow professionally and personally.
ContactEmail Dr. Jim Falvo
Academic and Professional Degrees Earned
Ed.D., Administration, Curriculum, & Instruction (emphasis in Instructional Media)
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- University of Nebraska, Omaha
B.S., Public Address
- Towson University
My Unique Approach to Education
Relevance, relevance, relevance! Engage or enrage!
Teaching in both the traditional classroom and distance classroom, Dr. Falvo has been a full-time faculty member for eight years, an adjunct for over 30 years, and has taught high school for four years. His teaching areas include human and mediated communication courses such as Public Speaking, Small Group Communication, Communication Theory, Mass Media and Society, Television and Radio Production, Broadcast Journalism, TV News Video, Radio/TV News Writing, Electronic News Gathering, and Electronic Field Production. He is also a certified tennis instructor.
The focus of Dr. Falvo's dissertation is on faculty concerns toward adopting a technical innovation and he remains vitally interested in the teaching-learning process. He has extensive experience as a Television/Video Producer/Director in Corporate, Biomedical and Broadcast settings. Dr. Falvo has also been a Broadcast Journalist in both commercial radio and television. He served four years in the Air Force as a member of the American Forces Radio and Television Service. Dr. Falvo has significant experience in directing university distance learning efforts that include compressed and full-motion two-way live/broadcast television, telecourse production, and online courses. He presently teaches on-campus and online as an adjunct professor for several institutions in the Dallas metro area.
- Master of Arts in Professional Development
- Master of Business Administration in Project Management
- Master of Business Administration in Strategic Leadership
- Master of Science in Family Studies
- Master of Science in Human Relations and Business
- Master of Science in Human Resources Training & Development
- Master of Science in Managerial Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional Development
- Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Project Management
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Human Relations And Business