Dr. Lisa Phillips
My desire to see others excel personally and professionally fuels my passion as an instructor.
ContactEmail Dr. Lisa Phillips
Academic and Professional Degrees Earned
- Capella University
- Washington University
- Pitzer College
"My goal is to assist students in the learning process by challenging their thinking..."
My Unique Approach to Education
I see myself as a mentor and coach. My goal is to assist students in the learning process by challenging their thinking while creating a safe environment for collaboration and idea exchange. I believe quality feedback is an important aspect of the learning process.
I'm a native Southern California girl who loves sunsets and the ocean! Who doesn't? I have spent the majority of my career working in the financial services industry although I began my career working for IBM. While at IBM I was responsible for managing the IBM Business Partner Relationship and selling multi-million dollar systems to Fortune 500 customers. After leaving my role with IBM I was hired into a managerial role with Pacific Bell in the Telecommunications Industry as Tactical Manager, Regional Market Sales & Service. I loved managing and developing people. After a brief exit from the corporate world to focus on raising a family, I returned to work in the financial services industry as Managing Director & Vice President of Finance and Operations for PFC Financial Group.
On a more personal note, I am happily married to a wonderful man. We are now empty nesters and enjoying dating again!
- Master of Arts in Professional Development
- Master of Business Administration in General Business
- Master of Business Administration in Management
- Master of Business Administration in Project Management
- Master of Business Administration in Strategic Leadership
- Master of Science in Family Studies
- Master of Science in Human Relations and Business
- Master of Science in Human Resources Training & Development
- Master of Science in Managerial Science
- Master of Business Administration in International Business