Master of Business Administration in Strategic Leadership
Degree Plan Details
The Master of Business Administration degree in Strategic Leadership develops the managerial skills necessary for leadership roles in dynamic organizations. Core requirements emphasize competencies for implementing organizational systems, managing change, and resolving conflict within a framework of ethical leadership. Customization, through selection of electives, allows the program to compliment individual career goals. This versatile degree, offered in both classroom lecture and distance learning modes, allows graduates to fill executive leadership roles in management, consulting and financial services or assume positions in healthcare, government and education.
A graduate with a Master of Business Administration in Strategic Leadership will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership competencies in organizational situations using effective critical thinking skills.
- Apply sound management principles and practices to the strategic management of organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical issues and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct relevant research appropriate to the discipline.
The minimum requirements for a Master of Business Administration in Strategic Leadership are:
- 24 semester hours applicable to the degree must be completed at Amberton University
- 36 semester hours to complete program, excluding prerequisites.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is required.
|I. Program Prerequisites||12 Hours|
|Prerequisite to the M.B.A. program is a bachelor's degree in business; otherwise, the student must have had either the following courses or their equivalent or must take the classes.|
|BUS3104 Statistical Analysis I||3 hours|
|BUS3305 Management Processes & Information Systems||3 hours|
|BUS3310 Market Structure & Competitive Analysis||3 hours|
|BUS4113 Accounting & Finance for Managers||3 hours|
|II. Required Graduate Studies||6 Hours|
|RGS6035 Theory & Application of Research Methods||3 hours|
|RGS6036 Ethics for Decision Making||3 hours|
|III. Major Requirements|
|Business Administration Electives
(Selected from courses with the following prefixes: BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT)
|HBD6771 Conflict Management & Resolution||3 hours|
|HBD6776 Leadership Theories & Practice||3 hours|
|HRT6575 Organizational Change||3 hours|
|Management (MGT) Electives||6 hours|
|MGT6203 Strategic Management*||3 hours|
|IV. Electives (5000/6000 Levels)||6 hours|
(Excluding Program Prerequisites)
*This course has a prerequisite of 15 semester hours of Advanced Business.